Placing your first trade
Now that you have familiarized yourself with the Trading Dashboard, you can select the market you would like to trade in the top left of the 'Trading' page.
Once you have selected the market and the contract you would like to trade, you will place your orders from the right side of the webpage.
Here are some of the decisions (not necessarily in this order) that you will need to make before placing a trade.
- 1.Short or long?
- 2.Market order or limit order?
- If a market order is selected, your order will attempt to fill at the current market price. If a limit order is selected, you will need to decide the price at which you would like your order to get filled
- 3.Immediate or Cancel (IOC) order on or off?
- When toggled on, an IOC order will cancel your order if the order is not filled within a few seconds. This is especially beneficial if you are trading extremely volatile assets and want to ensure you receive an accurate price.
- 4.Post Only order on or off?
- When toggled on, a Post Only order will ensure your order is posted ONLY if it can enter the order-book (i.e. your order is a maker). Once the order is posted, it will then sit on the order-book until it is filled.
To view your newly opened position and/or open orders, navigate to the bottom of the 'trading' web page.